I’m making my way back east on this beautiful Canadian journey we are taking! Next stop: Kelowna. This is an absolutely stunning part of British Columbia that has so much to do for kids and adults alike! I’ve put together a travel guide to help you explore Kelowna as a family and experience the sights and adventures that Kelowna is known for.
Beautiful Kelowna Beaches
Kelowna is located on beautiful Okanagan Lake, and it has some amazing beaches that the whole family will enjoy whether you want sand and water or just a gorgeous view while you take in some sun!
Located in West Kelowna, Willow Beach has got it all. The little kids can play all day in the sand and water, and if you’re traveling with older kiddos there is a volleyball court too. With a picnic area and a concession stand, it’s easy to spend hours here!
Rotary Beach is another great family destination with lots to keep everyone occupied. It has a great beach and swimming area as well as a playground and shady picnic spots. There are also equipment rentals nearby, in case anyone in your group wants to try kitesurfing!
I’ve saved the best for last! Boyce-Gyro Beach is probably the beach everyone first thinks of when they want to hit the water in this lakeside town. It is well-known for its inflatable water park and rope swing, which are so fun for kids and adults of all ages! There are also picnic areas, places to buy food, washrooms, equipment rentals, and a nice playground.
Explore Kelowna’s Beautiful Vineyards
If you’re ready to take a break from the sun, try doing a tour of one of Kelowna’s gorgeous vineyards. You are in the Okanagan Valley, after all! Whether or not you’re interested in tasting or purchasing wine, they are just a beautiful and peaceful place to take in the scenery. Here are two I recommend:
- Quails’ Gate – this wineyard has gorgeous valley and lake views. It is definitely more suited to a date with your partner! Shafi and I went here last year when I was pregnant with Suleiman and enjoyed a delicious lunch at their restaurant. Heads up – they are incredibly popular and reservations go fast!
- Frind Estate Beach Winery – This winery is really fun to go to with the kids because you can purchase food from their restuarant, Annie’s Beach, and head on to their private beach for some fun in the water!
10 Things to Do With Kids in Kelowna
Life in Kelowna is not just beaches and wine tours! Here is a list of 10 other activities to do while you explore Kelowna with kids that will round out your time there and give you so many memories that your family will talk about for years to come.
- BC Wildlife Park: While not technically in Kelowna, if you have a few days in the area this is a wonderful addition to your holiday itinerary. The drive is beautiful, and there’s so much do inside the park! Besides seeing the animals, there are interactive playgrounds, a splash park, wildlife demonstrations, and more.
- Don-O-Ray Farm Adventure: A petting zoo and maze!
- Kangaroo Creek Farm: Who doesn’t love visiting with kangaroos?
- Fruit Picking: Check out this guide to find a fruit-picking experience that suits you and your family best! Take tours of the farms, pick your own fruit, or purchase it at a farmers’ market. This is a lovely way to spend a day.
- Kelowna Farmers’ and Crafters’ Market: This market is just perfection. So many beautiful fruits and vegetables and handmade gifts to be found!
- Mission Creek Regional Park: If you want to get outside into nature, this is a wonderful way to do it. Trails, a playground, picnic areas, and washroom facilities makes this a lovely place to take kids of all ages.
- Soma Craft Cidery: A cultural experience! You can actually stay right at this cidery if you want to, and besides the gorgeous tours and cider tastings, they often hold events like live music too. There is also an alpaca farm on the property for kids to enjoy alongside a little playground,
- Oyama Zipline: Aerial park and seven epic ziplines can be found in this gem! While we did not go here, it l
- Knox Mountain Park: A large park full of trails for walking and cycling. We did a hike here and loved it.
- Canyon Falls Hike: A beautiful walk to see lower and upper falls. Breathtakingly beautiful and well worth the effort it takes to get there!
There you have it, many wonderful ways to explore Kelowna with the whole family. I hope I’ve convinced you that a few days here is time well spent! Tag me @mintcandydesigns with your travel photos and let me know what your family thought of this amazing holiday destination.
PIN THIS POST FOR LATER