It is back to school season time and we know (I know for me at-least), mornings are a mad rush.. it is difficult to get everything done on time and get Liyana out the door. Breakfasts, lunches, and snacks all need to be made and packed and man it is a mad rush in the morning. I love an easy breakfast and snack option that I can make ahead on my meal prep days. Today I am excited to share an easy recipe with you in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill which I think is perfect for a quick grab and go snack or a nutritious breakfast. We are making almond flour lemon blueberry muffins which are both an easy and nutritious option for on-the-go breakfasts or snacks!Jump to Recipe
I am using Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour for this recipe as an alternate to regular flour. Almond flour is an excellent source of minerals like iron and I have found that having it in the morning keep me full longer than any other sugary treat. This is because almond flour is high in protein and keeps us full for longer! Also using almond flour instead of regular flour adds such an amazing flavour that is actually delicious! We will be using the almond flour to make a delicious lemon blueberry muffin recipe. Keep on reading for the recipe!
Almond Flour Blueberry Lemon MuffinsCourse: Recipes
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2-3/4 cup sugar
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
1/4 cup almond milk or regular milk (you may need to add slightly more to achieve the desired consistency for muffins)
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar for sprinkling on top of muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a bowl, add all wet ingredients (eggs, milk, lemon juice) and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, salt)
- Slowly fold in the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. You may need to add more almond milk
- Fold in the frozen blueberries into the mixture gently.
- Scoop mixture into a pre greased and lined muffin tin
- Sprinkle some sugar on top of each muffin
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until centre of muffins comes out clean
I hope this is something you try! It is such an easy recipe and is on constant repeat around here for snacks and breakfast.
PIN THIS POST FOR LATER
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill – all opinions and comments are my own