I am in full decor mode for Ramadan and today I am sharing this DIY Ramadan Sign using a dollar store wooden board, some paint, and a sharpie! That is literally all you need and it is so easy to make!
Let’s get started!
All you need for this DIY Ramadan Sign are a few craft supplies. I added a frame to mine with some stained scrap wood, but you absolutely don’t need to.
What You need to make this Easy DIY Ramadan Sign:
- An artists panel from Dollarama or your Craft Store. This is a framed piece of wood that comes sanded. You can use sanded plywood as well!
- A pen
- A black crayon or colour pencil
- Sharpie or Paint marker in colour of choice
- Paint – I used leftover wall paint in the colour Sherwin Williams Sea Salt.
- Paint brush
- Faux Flowers and greenery to decorate (optional)
- Hot glue gun (optional if using faux flowers and greenery)
- Free “Salam Ramadan” Printable you can download below printed on 8.5 by 11 paper
- Scrap wood to frame and cut to size if you are framing as well and a brad nailer (optional)
Let’s get started on putting this sign together
- Paint the artists panel in the base colour of choice and let dry. You may need to do two coats.
- Next, colour the back of the printable with a black crayon
- Place the printed words on the dried artists panel with the words facing you. You can tape this down in position. Carefully trace over the words with a pen – the black crayon on the back of the page will transfer over onto your sign base and allow you to hand letter over them.
- Use your sharpie to trace over the words that transferred over. You can get creative here!
- Decorate your sign by hot glueing flowers and greenery onto the sign
- If you are creating a frame for the sign, this is where you would measure the sides and cut your wood to size and stain it. You can use a hammer and nails or a brad nailer to nail the pieces in. This is optional! You can also use your sharpie to create a border if you like!