Eid for our family is filled with quintissential desserts like Kheer, Sheer Khorma, Seviyan.. and so much more. I have shared how I am not as seasoned as my mom or the women of the generation before us to try to make such fancy desserts. So, I stick to simple easy desserts that come with an impact! A layered dessert is what I think of when I think of low-time-investment but HIGH impact desserts. You can whip them up the night before, freeing up time on the day of Eid, and impress ANYONE if you decide to put them in cute cups or jars!
Today, I am sharing this super EASY dessert I adapted from my friend Sarah’s recipe you can find here. I modified her recipe using what I could find in my last grocery haul, and avoiding unnecessary store trips. The result was approved by Sarah herself, to whom I dropped off one of these delicious jars. Yup.. I made them in JARS, which makes them perfect for a Quarantine Eid porch drop off!
Dulce De Leche Dessert JarsCourse: Ramadan and Eid, RecipesDifficulty: Easy
1 jar Bonne Maman Dulce De Leche
2 blocks of cream cheese softened at room temperature
1 can condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 cup 18% cream
1 pack digestive biscuits
- Start by mixing all the wet ingredients (cream, vanilla, condensed milk) and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
- Next, in the bowl of your stand mixer, or with a hand held mixer using the wire whip attachment, beat cream cheese for about 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly start to pour in your mixed wet ingredients into the cream cheese, while letting the mixer run. You may have to stop the mixer and scrape off the sides to fold in the cream cheese.
- Run your mixer for 3-4 minutes, until stiff peaks start to form. You have to do this because of the fat composition of the cream which needs more whipping.
- While your mixer is running, place the digestive biscuits in a large ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into coarse crumbs.
- Warm up the jar of Bonne Maman Dulce de Leche in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to get a pourable consistency.
- Next, we will layer the dessert in a container of your choice: jars/cups/a large bowl. For maximum impact use smaller personalized clear containers. I used empty Bonne Maman jars I have collected from eating their jams and jellies. The order of layers is: digestive biscuit crumbs, whipped mixture, digestive biscuit crumbs, whipped mixture, generous dollop of dulce de leche.Let the jars refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
There you have it! A super easy dessert to impress your friends and family during Quarantine. I used these adorable Eid Gift Tags by Modern Eid available in their Luna Printable Gifting Bundle for that extra special Eid touch!
[…] So there you have it! I even made a little video for you to see the full process. I think this pasta salad would pair really well with a more decadent dessert, like these dulce de leche dessert jars which are perfect to take along for a picnic too. […]
[…] tiramisu! If you have been around here a while, you know that I love a good no-bake dessert like no-bake dulce de leche cheesecake jars – so this dessert is just perfect for the cozy […]