Lets be real. I don’t like dishing out money on store bought sugar scrubs, because heck i have sugar at home.. and its SO easy to make your own DIY sugar scrub that it doesn’t justify sometimes $10 for me. So this time, I have a super easy DIY recipe for you – to make your own sugar scrub with a fragrant rose scent. You probably have all these ingredients already in your kitchen, but we are going to combine them in this unique way to have the easiest DIY ever. These are so indulgent to use in the shower, and make you feel like a million bucks. I have even made these as gifts for friends and family for Eid, party favours (hello mason jar favours are never going out of fashion. These make great hostess gifts to take with you for a friend, or even just whip up a big batch for yourself. Even better? host a fun galentines party and give these to all your girlfriends!
Okay.. but really here is why I like to make these scrubs.
- A lot of times, we receive presents that we put aside in our closet and forget about because we can’t use them right away. This little DIY Rose Water Sugar Scrub is something that works beautifully for exfoliating your skin and even your lips, to get you summer ready 😉
- PLASTIC free! there is no plastic in this home-made scrub, unless you are reusing a plastic container (go you!), and its essentially LESS waste for the environment.
- As chemical free as you can with at home products – now, i know the food coloring I used here is not ideal… but I’m working on doing things with less waste so thats part of the reason why I am trying to use up things I own in my pantry rather than throwing them out.
Its a simple recipe and everything can be ordered from Amazon. If you have Amazon Prime, literally it will all be here tomorrow and you can make these right away to gift for Eid and work perfectly as a shower favour, too!
DIY Rose Water Sugar Scrub with FREE PRINTABLECourse: DIY, Freebies
3 cups sugar
1/4 cup rose water
10-12 drops rose essential oil
1/2 cup coconut oil (softened, but not melted)
red food colour (optional)
dried rose petals (optional)
- Mix rose water and food colour (if using ) together
- Mix all the dry and wet ingredients together with a spatula, making sure the coconut oil is well incorporated. If for some reason your scrub is more “wet”, add a bit more sugar.
- Package in mason jars with the cute label for gifting (scroll to the bottom)
- makes about 10-12 125 ml mason jars, and can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 weeks.
There you have! A super easy DIY and a quick and inexpensive Eid/Shower/Party favour to spoil others with!