It is no surprise to you that I am obsessed with visiting farms in the summer in ON. We only get 4-5 months of warm weather, and while we have it we love to make the most of it! Over the years, I have gone to several beautiful farms in ON, both in the GTA and outside. Since I get so many questions, I decided to put together a list of my absolute favourite farms. Make sure to check their availability, ticket prices, and especially rules/regulations related to COVID-19.
Farms to Visit for Berry Picking:
- Big’R Apple Farm – They offer the most affordable strawberry picking experience. You do have to book a time slot online before showing up. There is no entry fee, and you pay for what you pick. It is a no frills experience, which means no ice cream stands, or port-a-potty for the kids. But we loved it
- Downey’s Farm – They have an amazing strawberry picking season, and an annual strawberry festival! They also have raspberries later in the summer.
- Andrew’s Scenic Acres – they have some of the best fresh fruit ice cream in the region!
- Reesor Farm Market – if you are in the east end of Toronto, this is a great option.
Farms to Visit for Beautiful Flowers
Please note, to follow farm protocol properly as many farms have had to close due to improper etiquete followed by people for photography.
- Andrew’s Scenic Acres – later in the summer and fall, they have giant sunflowers, fields of dahlia’s and other seasonal flowers.
- Davis’s Farm Feed & Supply – located in Caledon, I visited this farm two years ago and it is a sight to see with fields of sunflowers in August! Unfortunately they are closed for 2020.
- Terre Bleu Lavender Farm – this is one of Ontario’s largest lavender fields, and the ice cream is a must have!They remain closed for 2020 due to COVID-19.
- Prince Edward County Lavender – looking for a nice day trip out of Toronto? Make sure to head out to Prince Edward County (full blog post here), and check out the lavender fields here.
Farms to Visit for Apples/Fall Festivals
- Downey’s Farm – They are home to one of the best fall festivals, corn mazes, and activities that the fall has to offer! Best pumpkins too!
- Carl Laidlaw Orchards – This is our go to family spot for anything apples! It has been family owned for three generations, and the owner of this farm is the sweetest lady ever! They also have a super cute picnic spot down by the Credit River, where you can either buy fresh farm made goodies to enjoy, or bring your own!
There you go friends! If you found this blog post helpful, make sure you pin it by clicking below!