Liyana’s private montessori also announced last night that they were closing for public safety reasons last night. Given that we are all going to hunkering down at home, I found myself looking for resources to entertain a toddler. Weekends are challenging as is, and I thought that I need some activities for her “at home time”.
Here are some recources YOU sent me and one’s that I found that are FREE:
- Curriculum Associates – they are offering FREE printable packets for your child based on their grade with different activities.
- Busy Toddler – This website is a gold mine of incredible activities for toddler, including some montessori based ones!
- Scholastic Canada – A friend mentioned that Scholastic Canada just released a free 20 day lesson for kids of all ages. I looked through it, and it looks promising!
- Khan Academy was a popular one recommended by you with tons of free resources!
- Brain Pop – I found this through a friend, and they have a full video on how to talk to your kids about COVID-19!
- CBC Canada has several resources and activities for you to do with your children while you hang out inside with your children.
- My friend Nazima and her husband sent out an email this morning offering their fitness program for FREE. You can check it out here and it is great to keep your kids and yourself active during this time, where we aren’t able to visit gyms or take our kids to recreational programs.
- One of my all time favourite Youtube Channel’s for exercise for myself and Liyana who loves following alone is Yoga with Adrienne. She has playlists for all states of mind and body i.e. relaxation, lower back pain, and so forth. I know for sure, I will be doing a lot more of these in the next few weeks. Give them a try with your family or by yourself.
One of you also sent me these extensive Google Doc with a ton of activities for kids! You can click HERE to check it out!
Hope you find this helpful, and please share with others if you did. Stay safe and healthy freinds, and remember prevention is the best cure. This means avoiding all unnecessary social gatherings, family visits, outdoor visits etc. Stay put, and lets fight this crazy virus out!
Lots of love,
PIN THIS POST FOR LATER
UPDATE: Liyana’s School sent me the following schedules and resources for Liyana – these are for her age group (3-4 years). I had to screenshot them and post them because the top of the PDF had confidential information on it.
SCHEDULE FOR WEEK ONE
SCHEDULE FOR WEEK TWO:
SCHEDULE FOR WEEK THREE
Recommended Resources by Them:
Resources for Week One
Resources for Week Two
Resources for Week Three