Today I am sharing something that has been asked for so so many times on Instagram – My Skin Care Routine! This is a highly requested post and I am happy to share all my secret or not-so-secret skin care tips.
Now let me tell you two things up front:
1. I have naturally dry skin to start off with, so not everything may work for you. Although, all the products I use are meant for all skin types. However, still be cautious.
2. Good skin care is usually EXPENSIVE. You want to know why? Because good quality skin care is an investment, for the largest organ in your body. However, I think some quality things go a long way when combined with drug store products. I will share that below.
So lets get started. I will first tell you about my morning routine, most of which I have now been doing for over 6 years. Some products have changed over the years, especially the addition of the serum (given that I turned 30 last month). But, it has stayed the same generally.
Morning Skin Care Routine
- Wash face with Foreo Luna (I recently upgraded to the 2.0 version, but had the first edition since it launched 6 years ago) and a non-beaded cleanser. My go to cleanser is the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. Recently, I’ve been using the Nena facial cleanser, that’s made out of Canadian glacial elements. I’ve been loving it!
- Pat dry face with CLEAN face towel – I cannot stress the importance of this! If you take away anything from this post – it must be this. Keep a stack of clean face towels (7-8) in your bathroom drawer. Pull one out every time you wash your face. Your face will thank me later. Ikea has a great value pack for these, or make a trip to your local Homesense/winners for some cute ones!
- Apply Drunk Elephant C-Firma Vitamin C Serum – Okay so I started using this daily for the last month. And man, have I seen results. I have halved the amount of foundation I wear, because my skin is in the best shape it has been, in terms of brightness, clarity, and vibrancy, in over a decade! Here is another thing.. while writing this post, I found out that since its an active ingredient, it can remain active in your skin for up to 72 hours – which means you DONT have to apply it daily! OOPS. I guess I will be changing my routine to every other day. BUT – two major downfalls in my opinion. First – the price tag. It is expensive – However, because it works, I don’t mind dishing out the dough on this one. Also, I think one bottle lasts about 3 months, so that makes it a bit better. Second – it needs to be kept in the fridge. Now, currently I am in an apartment, where I can open the bathroom door, walk 7 steps to my fridge, put on the serum and walk back to the bathroom. When I get back to our house in September, I can see this being a logistical issue LOL. But there are these super cute mini fridges that you can keep in your room for makeup that has active products. I may have to get one of these 😀 [side bar – if its every other day, I may not need the fridge after all haha!)
- Apply sunscreen – vitamin C serum makes you more sensitive to UV rays, and a sunscreen is a must. Even without a serum, I always purchase a moisturizer with at least SPF30 (The Body Shop has some great options if you are looking for some). ! I have been using La Roche Possay SPF 60, which has been incredible. I don’t need a moisturizer after, which is a win win for me because that is less products on my face.
- Apply makeup as normal.
Night Skin Care Routine
- Take off makeup with Micellar Water.
- Wash face with the Nena Cleansing Cream and Foreo Luna 2. Truth – sometimes I get lazy, and skip the foreo.
- Use a toner! I am loving this rose facial toner from trader joes. I got this a while ago.. and it’s running out! I recently made my own version of this and it turned out great!! 😭
- Apply my absolute favourite, tried and tested for years, oil blend. I make my own with three oils. Click HERE to read that blog post. Summary – I mix equal parts jojoba oil, argan oil, and rose hip seed oil and have been using this every night for over 6 years. I love how my skin feels in the morning. If you are hesitant about adding oils to your skin care, try mixing in a few drops of the combo mixture to your regular moisturizer. You will feel the difference, I promise!
- Apply a Retinol Cream. Now, recently, I have added the Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream to my routine every other day. I started using the retinol cream (as per package directions), twice a week mixed in with my face oil (described above). Now I have worked up to every other night. I don’t think I need it every night as I think its quite strong, and I am worried about peeling if I apply it daily. Maybe, in a month or so, I will work up to daily.. but for now, I am happy with the results. I think, together with the Vitamin C Serum in the mornings, both these drunk elephant products have truly changed my skin in the past month.
Thats it. That is literally what I do daily for my skin. Now, I also exfoliate with a charcoal scrub twice a week. I find the only time i can do a scrub is when I shower. I know – weird, right? But thats the only time I can fit it in… and its better than not exfoliating at all!
I also try to do a mask of some kind once every two weeks. However, masks are tricker with a toddler who wants to do them at the same time. I have been using the Nena Glacial Clay Mask and it is SO good!
So there you have it kids! MY daily skin care routine, as promised! I hope you found this useful. If you did please share with your friends. Also, almost all links used are affiliate links. SO if you choose to purchase anything I talk about, please use my links! I get a small commission from your purchase, at no extra cost to you, and it helps support me and my little fam <3 All the links are below 🙂
Until next time!
Links for all products
PIN THIS POST FOR LATER