So today, I thought I would start a new series on the good ol’ blog about mommin’! I mean I am no expert at being a mom with one little one, but sometimes we all just need some encouragement and a pick me up to get through the day, right? In my 15 months with my baby, I have definitely discovered some amazing baby products that I thought I would share with all the new moms and mamas-to-be and even seasoned mama’s because we ALL need these things in our lives!
- Arm and Hammer Diaper Pail Refills – Okay so everyone probably has a diaper pail! We have a Diaper Genie which usually comes with an option to purchase blue refill bags made by Playtex. But.. a few months into using these, we realized that you can’t stop the stink of poop from reaching your nostrils, no matter how often you change the bags! We then discovered the Arm and Hammer Bag Refills that can be used with the Playtex Diaper Genie – YOU GUYS!! Talk about a game changer! No more stinky diaper smell!! And I didn’t need to purchase the super expensive Arm and Hammer diaper pail.. I mean if you want to also get that, by all means! Our budget didn’t permit that and if I can use the bags with my existing diaper pail, heck, WHY NOT?!?
- Crane Cool Mist Humidifer – I CANNOT begin to tell you, how many times this bad boy has saved our lives!! Liyana has had quite a few colds this past year, and every single time, this humidifier has saved us in helping her sleep through the night even when she is congested! Generally, our house is quite dry so we also definitely needed a humidifier. It also comes in super cute colours and even animal shapes. So it is perfect to add to your nursery decor!
- A formula dispenser– So.. heres the deal. Breast feeding wasn’t in the cards for us because of low supply and many other reasons.. So, we switched to formula at 4 months. But.. the whole pain of making bottles and measuring out scoops of formula (which mind you is SUPER sticky.. yuk!), boiling water, and heating the bottles at 3 am with a crying, screaming child WAS NOT FUN! So, we looked into a formula Keurig (if you will) and came across the Born Free Bottle Genius – for some reason, it is not available anymore, but Baby Brezza makes an excellent one!Β Β And let me tell you.. this is a complete game changer! It works with any kind of formula and bottle and requires low maintenance. We clean out the machine once a month fully and it works like a charm! I highly recommend this to anyone who is formula feeding.Β
- Project Nursery Baby Monitor – We used a hand-me down baby monitor for the first year.. and then it recently stopped working. So we set out to find a decently priced and good quality baby monitor. Who knew Project Nursery, in addition to having a beautiful instagram feed also had affordable and high quality baby monitors?!? We love the options on the monitor and the fact that it does NOT have wifi ( I am super paranoid about wifi and baby monitors) and has the option of adding additional camera’s. We liked this one over other ones in the market was because it is not on your phone (the ones that have app’s on your phone, send you texts through the night if the baby is crying.. and my brain doesn’t respond to the pings of texts in the middle of the night) and the quality of resolution is pretty fantastic! It also provides alerts if the temperature of the room is too hot or cold.Β
- Nosa Frida Snot Sucker – Again.. GAME CHANGER! LiyanaΒ was born SNEEZING! Just like her mama, she sneezes at least a few times a day haha! Plus she got a cold a few weeks after she was born. This snot sucker truly saved our lives in the early days and she began to associate this with relief from congestion. So even now, at 15 months, when she gets sick, as soon as she sees the Snot Sucker approaching, she lies down straight as a pin and waits for it to work its magic!
So here you are! My absolute must have TOP FIVE PICKS for you moms! First time and seasoned moms – everyone can benefit from at least one of these! Let me know if this post was helpful and if you want more mommin’ posts! I would love to share <3 And come say hi on Instagram and check out my stories for some serious cuteness from Liyana.